Amazing natural park where you can enjoy the gorgeous scenery and peace.
Villacher Alpenstrasse is a part of the beautiful Dobratsch natura park in the state of Carinthia. This panorama road is 16,5km long and you can drive up to 1732m by car. On the way up there are seven lookout platforms where you can stop and enjoy the landscape.
The route is open all year round. It begins from Villach – Möltschach where the pay disk is located. During the winter season there won’t be any charge for the entry but from mid April to mid November are these charges valid:
- own car 18€,00 /day or 26,00€ / 30 days
- motorbike 11,50€ /day or 19,00€ / 30 days
During the winter season you will get the information about current road condition (closure, snow chains) by traffic signs at the beginning of the road. There is also a possibility to go up by bus in the summer.
While driving up you can have a dinner or something to drink in three different places.
- open between 10 a.m – 6 p.m (weather may effect on this during the winter season)
- possibility to stay overnight
- pets allowed
2) Die Rosstratten
- open daily (weather may effect on this during the winter season)
- 1732m above the sea level
- pets allowed
3) Dobratsch Gipfelhaus
- You must walk from the park place. The walking trail is safe and while walking you can enjoy the spectacular scenery.
- 2143m above the sea level
- Open between 8 a.m – 8 p.m (weather may effect during the winter season)
- Possibility to stay overnight
- Pets allowed
On top of the mountain there are located two of the highest pilgrimage churches in the east-Alps, the German Maria am Stein and the Wendish Chapel.
It takes approximately 1,5 hours to walk to the top from the parking place.
Also you can find the Alpine Garten at P6. It is an alpine garden that has nearly 800 different alpine plants. The garden is open from the beginning of June until the end of August between 9 a.m – 6 p.m.