A fine castle destination
The middle aged castle of Mauterndorf is in a very good condition. It is located in the middle of lush landscapes and it is really worth to visit.
There isn’t any guided tour in the castle – instead the ticket price has an audio guide included (EN / DE / IT / ES / NL / CS / HU / RU) that makes it easy to go around and have specific information about the rooms and happenings of the castle. A nice addition to the stories are the real size puppets that have been placed to the rooms to do the jobs what people did back then.
- May / June / September and October daily 10 a.m – 6 p.m
- July and August daily 9.30 a.m – 6.30 p.m
- Adults 7,50€
- Children free
- Dogs are allowed only in the patio of the castle
- Castle has a restaurant and a souvenir shop
- Not suitable for disabled people
- Free parking