A fine castle destination
The middle aged castle of Mauterndorf is in a very good condition. It is located in the middle of lush landscapes and it is really worth to visit.
There isn’t any guided tour in the castle – instead the ticket price has an audio guide included (EN / DE / IT / ES / NL / CS / HU / RU) that makes it easy to go around and have specific information about the rooms and happenings of the castle. A nice addition to the stories are the real size puppets that have been placed to the rooms to do the jobs what people did back then.
- May – June and September – October daily between 10 a.m – 6 p.m
- July – August daily between 9.30 a.m – 6.30 p.m
- January Tue and Thu between 11 a.m – 7 p.m
- 4.2 – 1.3 Mon – Fri between 11 a.m – 7 p.m
- 5.3 – 11.4 Tue and Thu between 11 a.m – 7 p.m
- 15.4 – 23.4 daily between 11 a.m – 7 p.m
- winter time adults 6,50€/ person, children 4,00€ / person and family ticket 16,00€
- summer time adults 12,00€/ person, children 7,50€ / person and family ticket 26,00€
- dogs are allowed only in the patio of the castle
- castle has a restaurant and a souvenir shop
- not suitable for disabled people
- free parking