The oldest zoo in the world
This is the oldest zoo in the world and five times it has been nominated to be The best European zoo.
Over 700 species (approximately 8500 animals) at the 17 hectare area offers a nice living place for animals and so much to see for the visitors.
In the center is located a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage The imperial summer residence of Schönbrunn Palace.
The area has several cafeterias and restaurants
A panorama train runs trough the area and gives you a nice time to relax and see the whole place. You can buy a ticket for the train and use it throughout the day.
- daily through the whole year
- February 9 a.m – 5 p.m
- March/ October 9 a.m – 5.30 p.m
- April / May / June / July / August / September 9 a.m – 6.30 p.m
- November / December / January 9 a.m – 4.30 p.m
- the ticket office closes 0,5h before the closing time
- Bird house closes one hour before the closing time
- The Aquarium-Terrarium House and the Tyrolean farm house are open until the end
- other animal houses close 0,5h before the closing time
- adults 22,00€
- children and youth 11,00€
- adolescents 11,00€
- children under 6y free
- only service dogs are allowed on the zoo area
- there are two parking garages in the near area where you can leave your car (Hütteldorf U4 and Siebenhirten U6 ), also Seckendorff-Gudent-Weg road has limited amount of parking places
- feeding the animals is forbidden
- Photos by “Schönbrunn Zoo “