Paradise for mountain bikers
Salzburgerland has mountain bike trails for every biker according their skill levels – both adults and children.
The bike parks in Leogang, Saalbach Hinterglemm, Wagrain and Maiskogel Kaprunissa are among the best in the world and offer an unique nature experience at the same time.
The Watzmann – Hochkönig Circuit:
- Northern loop: 156km and 3,760m altitude, ideal for 3 to 5 days
- Southern loop: 283km and 7,975m altitude, a challenge for 5 days
- Highest point: 1,792m (Heinrich-Kieber-House)
- Signposts: The whole circuit is signposted with the claret red “Watzmann-Hochkönig-Runde” signs. Please note that the circuit is only signposted in one direction. The Northern loop is signposted clockwise and the Southern loop is signposted anti-clockwise.
Bike Park Leogang:
- Has been certified through the seal “Kona Groove Approved Bike Park”
- More than 720km of mountain bike trails and 480km of valley bike trails promise a close to nature biking experience in various degrees of difficulty
Bike Circuit Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- Especially for Freeriders, Downhillers and Dirtfreaks
- No other resort in Austria offers so many Freeride and Downhill sections
Bike Park Wagrain:
- Designed by Dave Kelly
Bike Park Maiskogel:
- Here teams and “Private Riders” can train and have fun
- Website: https://www.salzburgerland.com/en/mountain-bike-paradise/
- Contact: Salzburger Tourismus Gmbh [email protected]
- Photos and copyright SalzburgerLand Tourismus