Experience the largest karst cave in the world.
The guided tour gives you an opportunity to view this massive cave on their 800m route.
Open 2023: WILL BE UPDATED LATER
- 15.5 – 6.11
- First cable car ascent at 8.40 a.m and then cars run continuously, every 15 minutes.
- You need to register on tour at the cave ticket counter in the Schönbergalm (middle station).
Prices 2023: WILL BE UPDATED
- Adults 40,10€
- Youth (2003-2005) 36,10€
- Children (2006-2015) 22,00€
- Children under 6y free
- Seniors (-> 1958) 37,40€
- Dogs 8,50€
- Includes the cable car ascent & descent (section 1), one entrance & guided tour in the Mammut cave
- All tours are available in German and English
- You can download for free audio guide app (available in seven foreign languages) https://apps.apple.com/at/app/hearonymus/id543631084 or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.codepool.hearonymus&pcampaignid=MKT-Other-global-all-co-prtnr-py-PartBadge-Mar2515-1
- From the Mittelstation Schönbergalm (Teilstrecke I) you will walk 15-20 minutes to the cave
- Suitable also for children
- Temperature in the cave is +3 so take warm clothes ans robust shoes.
- The tour takes 50min
- Dogs are allowed but must be on the leash and wear muzzle
- Proof or age and family ID required
Cave trekkings 2023:
- Registration/booking for a guided cave trekking tour at least 1 week in advance to the desired date
- The equipment (jumpsuit, helmet and headlamp) is provided
- Prices https://dachstein-salzkammergut.com/en/tickets-offers/group-offers-summer/caves-trekking/
- Includes cable car ride / section I, equipment and guided tour
- Bookings [email protected] or by phone +43 50 140
Leave a Reply