Christmas spirit in the embrace of the mountains
The Advent trail has two parts. The “Wichtel trail” is for those who are more experienced. It starts from Gasthof Bacher with a 2,5km hiking trail to the hut Pritzhütte. The actual advents trail starts after Pritzhütte. The trail has renovated barns and each one of them has its own traditional Christmas theme. Both trails have tea stations where free of charge tea is freshly poured into Katschberg Advent Trail thermo cups.
You can travel Wichtel Trail also by taking a horse-drawn sleigh ride to the Pritzhütte. The price is 22,00€/ adult and 11,00 / child back and forth. The sleigh ride must be booked beforehand: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +43 664 28 44 583.
- 27.11 – 22.12.2019 Wednesday / Friday – Sunday 2 a.m – 8.30 p.m
- 25.12.2019 2 a.m – 8.30 p.m
- Entrance + advent trail thermo cup for free of charge tea 10,00€
- Entrance without the advent trail thermo cup (begins from Pritzhüttel) 5,00€
- The Wichtel trail is free but the free of charge tea only with advent trail thermo cup
How to get to Katschberg:
- You can reach Katschberg by car and the right parking place is P1. Please notice that driving to Hotel village Katschberg is not allowed. From Katschberg city center you can get to Gasthof Bacher by walking (15min) or by shuttle service (2,50€ / person)
- The advent trail is a few kilometres long hike through the snowy winter landscape, so make sure you have proper shoes, warm clothing and perhaps a flashlight
- The Wichtel trail can be too demanding for elderly people and small children
- Strollers and baby carriages are not recommended
- Dogs are allowed on the leash