THE treasure of castles in Austria
This castle can be called the pearl of castles of Austria. Already from a long distance you can see how huge and amazing it is. It is located 664m above the sea level and it has been built around year 860.
You can get up by the inclined railway that rises 105m journey in 95 seconds. The other option is to walk the 650m long route that goes through 14 different kind of gates. We strongly recommend upward walking if your fitness allows it.
At the top of the castle is also a church, first mentioned in 926. It has been rebuilt in 1586.
On the top is a restaurant where you can enjoy typical Carinthian food.
- 20.3. – 31.5. daily between 10 a.m – 5 p.m, last admission 3.30 p.m
- 1.6. – 31.8. daily between 10 a.m – 6 p.m, last admission 4.30 p.m
- 1.9. – 1.11. daily between 10 a.m – 5 p.m, last admission 3.30 p.m
- 4.11 Thursday – Sunday daily between 10 a.m – 5 p.m, last admission 3.30 p.m
- Garde tradition day 1.5.
- Knight’s Festival 12.8 – 15.8
- Burgkirchtag 3.9.
- Adults 17€
- Children 6-15 years 10€
- Family ticket 45€
- Disabled persons 12€
- Lift ticket over 6 years 10€
- Dogs allowed
- Art exhibition inside the castle
- Card payment is ok but it is always good to have some cash also
- Souvenir shop next to the ticket sales
- Free parking
Leave a Reply