This beautiful castle has the first record of the name Artstetten already in the 13rd century.
The museum shows life and home of Franz Ferdinand and his wife Duchess Sophie von Hohenburg.
Fancy rooms, furniture and art – feels like you are really traveling back to the 19th century
The castle also has a gorgeous church.
You can visit the family crypt
In May and June you can admire over 1000 peonies surrounding the castle.
After tour in the castle there is a possibility to sit in a cafe or terrace and enjoy cup of coffee or perhaps have a glass of sparkling wine.
In castle’s shop you will find postcards, local delicacies and souvenirs.
- castle +crypt 1.4 – 1.11.2019 daily 9 a.m – 5.30 p.m (last admittance 5 p.m)
- castle’s nature park 1.4 – 1.11.2019 daily 9 a.m – 1 p.m
- cafe 1.4 – 1.11.2019 Th – Su + holidays 10 a.m – 5.30 p.m
- 1.4 – 1.11.2019 Mo- We cafe and cake can be bought from castle’s shop
Prices museum + crypt:
- adults 9,00€ / person
- youth 15 -17y 6,80€ / person
- children 6-14y 5,70€ / person
- family ticket 2 adults + children under 15y 19,00€
- family ticket in the summer 1.7 – 31.8 16,50€
Prices for the castle’s natur park 2019:
- everyone over 6y 3,50€ / person
- family ticket 2 adults + children under 15y 10,00€
- family ticket in the summer 1.7 – 31.8 7,50€
- audio guide in German, English and French
- audio guide price 2,50€/ person
- A visit with a wheelchair or walker is possible only with an escort
- dogs allowed
- Photos by “Schloss Artstetten”