Unforgettable experience for those who love animals
Affenberg “Monkey mountain” is a natural wood area that has four hectares and there live approximately 15 Japanese maki – monkeys. Only the third part of the area is allowed for the visitors so the monkeys can choose whether they want to participate the tour or hide in the woods.
The guide will lead the tour around the area and give info concerning the monkeys and their life. She will speak in German but also in English. You will actually walk among the monkeys and before the tour you will be given strict info on how to behave. You are not allowed to stare them in the eyes, feed them or touch them.
You will hear a funny story on how the monkeys managed to escape when they first arrived to the park and it took six weeks before all were captured. They were hanging in the supermarket, swimming in the lake and running around the village. Since then they have never broke up again.
Dogs are not allowed to the monkey area but there are very nice fenced outdoor cages in a cool shady place. Dogs will be given fresh water and the cage is free.
Next to the ticket kiosk is a small kitchen where you can buy warm food like French fries, sausages, hotdogs etc. You can enjoy your dinner at the terrace under the umbrellas.
- 20.5- 2.11.2020 between 9.30 a.m – 6.30 p.m
- Adults 13,00€
- Children 6,50€
- Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) 34,00€
- Seniors + students 11,00€
- Disabled adults 10,00€ and children 5,00€
- 20.5 – 14.6 + 15.9 – 2.11 every hour starting at 9.30 a.m
- 1.7 – 31.8 every 20 minutes starting at 9.30 a.m
- At another time every 30 minutes starting at 9.30 a.m
- Lasts approximately 45 minutes
- 27.10 – 3.11 last tours starts 4.30 p.m.
- The last tour stars 5.30 p.m
- 1 – 10 persons
- The price is 150,00€ total
- Last approximately 60 minutes / the tour goes outside the normal path
- Book the visit at least one week beforehand firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covid -19 may effect the tours
- The tour lasts approximately 45 minutes
- Remember sun protection
- Maut for the road is 3,50€